A new wave of laser treatments for hair loss has come onto the market recently, promising hair growth for people who suffer from thinning hair. The problem is, how do you tell which works and which is just another expensive scam?
The iGrow laser helmet comes in at a hefty price tag of $599, and you might think to yourself that you pay for quality. This is certainly true for some hair loss treatments, but is it true for the iGrow? We decided to delve deeper.
How does the iGrow laser helmet work?
This is an FDA approved LLLT (Low-Level Light Therapy) device that promises to stimulate hair follicles with low-level lasers. It claims to give results in 4-6 months of use every other day.
When worn every other day for 25 minutes for 6 months, the makers claim you will see an improvement in thinning hair. They say that using the helmet more often won't speed up or improve results.
After 6 months you will have to use the IGrow once a week for maintenance of results.
Does the iGrow Work?
Even though this is an FDA approved device, this doesn't mean that the FDA agrees that it works. This only means that it has been approved as safe for use.
The biggest problem with this device, and others like it, is that it only works on thinning hair. Therefore it won't work on bald patches that many people have that goes beyond mere thinning.
the HairMax Lasercomb uses a similar mechanism of action, and we have reviewed it as an inferior product to our better alternative (which we will cover below).
- Proven to be safe to use every second day
- Can be used with other hair loss treatments like Rogaine
- Suitable for men and women
- You can listen to music in the inbuilt headphones while wearing it
- Covered by a 1-year manufacturer warranty if it needs to be replaced
- Cost is much more expensive than most other hair regrowth products
- Takes a while to see results, 6 months is recommended
- You need to wear it once a week indefinitely to maintain hair growth
- Can be uncomfortable to wear
- Difficult to travel with (and therefore difficult to use every second day without fail)
- Doesn't successfully grow hair for some people
Is There an Alternative?
You are probably here because you are looking for a really effective treatment for hair loss. And I'm not going to disappoint you.
Har Vokse is a Norwegian product that has been clinically proven to work for both thinning hair and balding patches. In one clinical trial, 90% of the participants had an average of 63.9% hair regrowth.
It comprises a supplement and a spray so you can treat hair loss from the inside and the outside. Use it every day and you will start seeing results within weeks with maximum results showing in a few months.
Har Vokse is my top-rated hair regrowth product in terms of safety and effectiveness, and it comes in at a much cheaper price than the IGrow helmet.